We're Located in the Nicolet National Forest!
We're located in the middle of the Nicolet National Forest, at the top of Forest County, 1.4 miles from the Michigan/Wisconsin border. We’re off the beaten path in the middle of God’s country. To some, we’re in the "middle of nowhere" but we have access to all the wonderful outdoor activities the Great Northwoods has to offer...no matter the season!
30 miles north of Crandon, Wisconsin
25 miles northeast of Eagle River, Wisconsin
- Easy access to Brule snowmobile trails.
- Close to the nature and birding trails, cross country skiing and snowshoe trails (Nicolet North trail and Anvil trail)
- Fishing (Kentuck Lake, North/South Twin, Anvil Lake, Stevens Lake, Butternut, Franklin, Lac Vieux Desert to name a few)
- Trout streams (Alvin, Elvoy, Brule River and Pine River)
- Canoeing (Brule and Pine River)
- Hiking Trails (Otter Springs Trail, Franklin Lake Trail, Hidden Lakes Trail and Nicolet North Trail)
- Mountain Biking Trails (Nicolet North Trail and Forest/Vilas County Anvil Trail)
We get bird hunters from as far away as Kentucky. Fishermen from Indiana.
There are three restaurants within two miles of our motel. One is next door, within walking distance.
Open year round, low rates. Smoke free, clean rooms. We accept Visa and MasterCard. All rooms have kitchenettes. Five rooms have two full-size beds and a futon. Satellite TV (115+ channels). Air-conditioning.
Nearby Dining Facilities
- Brule River Tap and Supper Club (next door)
- Pine Acres Pub and Restaurant (1.3 miles on Hwy. 55)
- Y-Not-Here Bar and Café (2 miles on Hwy. A)
- The Elvoy Tavern (cocktails only) 4 miles on Hwy. A